Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"My Joy"




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Hope your day is pleasant and filled with joy! 

            One of our grandaughters’ names is Naomi; so you know I’m kinda partial to that name.  But I. also, am endeared to it because of the its meaning!  According to Bible Gateway: Naomi means “my joy” or “my bliss” or “pleasantness of Jehovah”.  Pleasant was my father’s name…so there is that connection, as well. 

           Bible Gateway goes on to say: “The name Naomi is suggestive of all that is charming, agreeable, and attractive.Until deep sorrow overshadowed Naomi in the Bible, we can understand this woman having a nature corresponding to her name.

                But in Ruth 1:21 Naomi said, “I went out full, but the Lord has brought me home again empty.” 

She didn’t sound joyful or blissful at that point! Her heart was aching over her losses. But if we continue to read the entire book of Ruth, we will see “how God turned this woman’s famine into a bountiful harvest. In her darkest hour, God’s plan was working to shine His light on Naomi’s life. Though she felt abandoned, He had in no way forsaken her.  In all of her darkness, God had left Naomi a ray of hope.” And she did experience joy again!

             May our prayer be: "Father, help us not to lose hope in the midst of our times of loss and famine.  May we remember Naomi and know that You are at work to restore our joy."


No comments:

Post a Comment