Have you had your Joy Juice today? True joy leads to a cheerful heart!
We are all familiar with the verse in Proverbs 17:22 that tells us: “A cheerful
heart is good medicine”. And truly, we’d all be a lot healthier if we would take this life-changing medication! The Bible teaches about ‘a cheerful heart’ repeatedly.
Coach Pat Street points out:
· A cheerful heart is a heart at peace. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, we have sweet peace in Him.
· A cheerful heart is a heart of praise. “Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs” - Psalm 100:1-2
· A cheerful heart is a heart of prayer. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
· A cheerful heart is a heart of obedience. Jesus says in John 14:15: “If you love Me, you will obey my commandments”
· A cheerful heart is a heart of purpose. “. . . let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” –Hebrews 12:1
· A cheerful heart is a heart of power. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” –Philippians 4:13
Let’s ask God for a cheerful heart…one that overflows with peace, praise, prayer, obedience, purpose and power.