Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2018

Splash with Joy!


               Have you had your Joy Juice today?  As you run through this day, splash your joy juice and spill it everywhere!

            One of my friends shared with me recently that his dad used to tell him that what was “in the cup” spilled out when it got knocked over.  That made me ponder what’s in “my cup”….is it good, sweet stuff? Or is it sour or bitter? 

            Our words and actions truly reveal what we carry in our hearts. As we grow in our relationship with Jesus, our hearts will become more convicted about sin and more tender toward people. One of the first verses that I think of regarding what should be in a Christian’s heart is found in Psalm 119:11: “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” 

Hiding God’s Word in our heart calls for reading and meditating on the Scriptures. Memorizing God’s word on a regular basis enables our hearts to keep an account of the Bible’s teachings. This is most valuable to us when we are facing trials and temptations. We can rely on God’s word to encourage, strengthen, and help us overcome evil. The key to hiding His word in our heart is choosing the right scriptures for whatever we are dealing with. If we will do this, we  will find our hearts becoming a treasure of hope.*

May your heart be so filled with joy and hope and love and peace that it splashes out all along your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment