Total Pageviews

Friday, July 27, 2018

Share the Secret!


          Have you had your Joy Juice today?  It’s not a secret! The joy of the Lord is the best source of joy you can experience.

             As many of you may have done, I’ve read the short book of Philippians many times. And it’s always fresh and encouraging. Sometimes I “see” things in a whole new light….and other times I’m convinced I’ve never read that before….like a secret being discovered for the first time.

            Speaking of secrets….Let’s read verses 12 & 13 of chapter 4.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

            Did you hear the “secret”? Paul’s secret of being content: to trust God to give Him strength to face whatever comes his way. Do you “know” that secret?  It’s just as true for us as it was for Paul! When we make an intentional decision in our faith to rely on God’s promises and Christ’s power to help us, then we have learned the secret of being content. Paul was content because he could see life from God’s point of view! That’s a “joyful” vantage point!

             Share the secret with everyone you meet today: JOY is found in JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment