Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

ABIDE! (Joyfully)



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Obey God; abide in His love and you’ll have a personal serving of joy awaiting you daily.

            John 15:10 gives us some wise direction.  "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.”

The first word of that verse is IF….That indicates that we do have a choice! IF we choose to keep His commandments… What commandments?  Those found in the pages of God’s Word.  Now, before you tune me out and say: “There is NO WAY I can keep all those rules and laws and commands!” may I ask you a question?  Does God love you? Yes! Does He want what is best for you? Yes!

            When we love the Lord and are seeking to live according to His plan, we should desire to “abide” in Him and live according to His guidelines.  He knows that we will fall short many times, but if our heart is to please Him, then He will forgive and redirect us.  Our desire should be to learn from our mistakes and keep striving to know more and more of His Word. Each commandment in the Bible is there for our good.

Listen to the verse 11: “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and the your joy may be complete.” (John 15:11)  There you have it! Keep His commandments so that you may have complete joy in relationship with Him!

            Jesus tells us to abide in Him so that our joy will be complete!  ‘Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment