Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Testimony of JOY

This past weekend was one filled with a myriad of emotions....from grief to joyful excitement.  But our God is such a God of perfect timing!  He evidenced Himself over and over again throughout the last few days....in ways that left NO doubt that HE IS GOD!
One of the gifts He sent to "encourage" was this testimony from a friend who lost her mother about a month ago.  She gave me permission to post it on this blog as a tribute to her precious mother.  As you read her heart-felt words, please be reassured that there CAN be JOY in the midst of heartache.

Angie's story:
 
"My husband wanted to know what I wanted for Mother's day this year.  I told him I wanted JOY JUICE by Joyce Ashley.  But he had his own ideas and planted a flower garden in our yard instead.  I would later learn it was not meant for me to get the book at that time.  I purchased the book at a local store the end of September.  My Mama went in the hospital on October 4, 2010.  I had the book with me as I sat up with her.  The LORD spoke to my heart on October 7, 2010 as I read page 39 about "JOY" and "happiness". 


Isn’t it amazing how GOD speaks to you?  As I was sitting up with my Mama at the hospital it was the fourth day and two surgeries behind us.  She looked at me and said, "You don’t look like my Angie."  I said, "Mama, who do I look like?"  She replied, " A tired girl with a long face."  That instant I put a smile on my face and she smiled back.  I said, "Mama, is this the Angie you know?"  She answered, "Yes it is!"

I learned then no matter what we are going through we can have JOY.  We may not always be happy about what we are going through.  Happiness comes from the circumstances around us, but JOY comes from having CHRIST in our heart.  She had a good night that night.  We had prayer and I will always believe GOD healed us both that night, her physically and me spiritually.


My Mama passed away on October 13, 2010.  The flower garden...the one I really didn't know I wanted....now holds some of the flowers that were sent to her funeral.  It will always be special to me, especially on Mothers day."


Now!  THAT'S a testimony of JOY!!!!  Thanks, sweet Angie for opening your heart to us.  You truly are an inspiration and example of how to "Rejoice in the Lord....always!"

(Testimony sent from Angie Thompson....in memory of her mother, Bea Jones.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment