Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2010

And then comes the JOY of new life....

I usually don't post on the weekends but since I was unable to get to my computer yesterday, here's a brief post of what's on my heart today.

As many times of as I've said it and "preached" it, I found out firsthand the truth that "even in the midst of heartache, JOY can be found".  Philippians 4:4 says: REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS; AND, AGAIN, I SAY REJOICE".   And we CAN have joy....at all times....with the help of Jesus!

I posted on Thursday about the death of one of our sweet friends.  Well, yesterday I had the awesome privilege of spending the entire day with her daughter-in-love (who is VERY special to me).  She and her husband were broken-hearted over losing their mom, but joyfully excited over the impending birth of their first baby.  It was comforting to see the many friends and family who gathered at the hospital to support this precious couple.  Yes, there were many tears....some of sorrow and some of JOY.  But the common bond among most of these family members and friends was that they know God doesn't make mistakes and they can continue to trust Him.

Around 9:00 last night, a BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT little girl was born!  Talk about excitement!  The group of loved ones celebrated with hugs, smiles, laughter and lots & lots of tears.  Silent prayers of thanksgiving were lifted to our awesome God for placing in our lives an "instrument" of JOY.......a love gift named Anna Katherine!!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard the news earlier this a.m. What a JOY! I can't imagine the range of emotions they are all going through but don't you know that grandmother is smiling down on this precious little one she would have loved so much. I have a feeling Anna Katherine will have a very special guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete