Total Pageviews

Friday, November 5, 2010

JOY on a Sleepless night

It's not very often that I have nights that I don't sleep well. But last night I awakened at 3:30 a.m. and could NOT go back to sleep.  In the past I would have flipped and flopped and puffed and pouted, but I've learned that when I am awake in the middle of the night, it is God calling me to prayer.  So that's exactly what I did! I began to pray.

He laid something specific on my heart and mind. And as I prayed I really began to "hear" Him clearly.  This time, my prayers were answered quickly and clearly.  Yet, other times, God chooses to make me wait!

I don't like to wait!  I'm not sure that anyone does.  But I'm a Type-A personality who likes to plan and move ahead with MY plans.  It's a hard lesson to learn, but we all need to realize that His thoughts and His plans are so much higher than ours.  That's in scripture!  And just in case we forget.....HE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST for us and He really doesn't need us telling Him what that "best" is!

I'm just thankful THIS TIME, that He did wake me up and "speak" to my heart quickly.  I thank God that He loves me/us enough to take care of every detail of our lives.  He knows what we need, even before we realize there is a need!  We can depend on HIM......even on a sleepness night!

When you find yourself unable to sleep, don't count sheep! Go to the Lord in prayer and ask Him for JOY in the middle of the night....JOY that come from spending time with Him!

2 comments:

  1. Guess who was up last night and couldn't sleep!! And guess what was on my mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while you and God were talking, I was sleeping like a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete