Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oozing or Losing our JOY???

Is oozing a word?  I think so, though I may not have spelled it correctly!  I would LOVE to be able to say that at all times I am "oozing" with JOY! To me that means overflowing, spilling out onto others the JOY of the Lord. 

BUT.....just this morning I felt that JOY "tippy-toe"ing right on out the door.  At one point, it may have even laced up it's running shoes!!!   My Type-A personality had planned a well-organized day, but nothing has gone according to schedule.  Not even the weather is cooperating with my plans today!  On top of all my interruptions, I'm concerned about one of our grandbabies who is sick, running high fever and feeling rotten.

So, I guess I have a choice.  I can LOSE my JOY by allowing the interruptions and distractions to take my eyes off of Jesus OR I can CHOOSE to stay focused on the fact that God is in control of all this "change".  Do I "practice what I preach" to others...."Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS"...or do I let these feelings overtake me and just give in to the fiery darts of the enemy?

Sometimes we need strength beyond our own.  OFTEN things are simply out of our control.  But we can ALWAYS lean on, depend on and receive strength from The ONE Who will always be there for us.  TODAY I CHOOSE JOY, and pray that I will OOZ JOY rather than LOSE my JOY!  Won't you join me as pray for one another?

"Father, we pray that you will continually remind us that You have everything under control and that Your plan is so much better than ours.  Please take away the overwhelming feelings of worry and the distractions that keep us from drawing close to you.  Fill us, now, Lord with a double portion of Your JOY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment