Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Lesson in JOY for JOYce! :)

This morning I was running around trying to pack four hours into three....you know what I mean?!  My list of "things to do today" was longer than usual and I was moving in fast motion, striving to get it all done before a noon "lunch meeting" with two ladies to discuss plans for an upcoming ladies' conference. 

I thought I had time to run into Wal-Mart and quickly pick up a few items before the noon meeting.  You know what always seems to happen when you're in a hurry...only three check-out lanes were open.  Like any well-organized, grocery-shopping, Type-A, speedy Gonzolez woman, I found the shortest checkout lane! You know what's coming don't you?  There were two people ahead of me.  The lady at the front of the line, had a buggy FULL.

"Oh, well!" I thought to myself.  "I've just got to wait my turn.  There's not at thing I can do about it."  Well, oh my goodness!  The poor lady must have been shopping for all her neighbors and family members, too.  She separated her groceries into several piles and wanted to pay for each of them separately!  I was standing there looking at the other lines, wondering if I should go to another lane...but all were full.

I was JUST ABOUT to get impatient, when a nice gentlemen passed behind me with his buggy and stopped.  He glanced my way and say, "Well, hello there, Mrs. Ashley!"  I had been so lost in my "not so JOYful thoughts" that I had not even recognized the husband of one of my good "teacher-buddy" friends.  I found my smile and greeted him, asking about his family.  Then he said, "I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your JOY JUICE radio program.  I listen every morning.  As a matter of fact, I've got all the guys at the plant listening every day.  We all look forward to hearing what you have to say."

Instantly, I heard that "still small voice" of God.  I felt so humbled, so encouraged.....yet so embarrassed because of my impatience.  Thankfully, the Lord had controlled my tongue and my reactions.  Now, what kind of example would I have been setting if the "JOY JUICE" lady had been acting in a manner not pleasing to God? (I guess I really was on the inside!  I had to ask for God's forgiveness.)  But I'm so thankful to Him that He put a guard over my mouth!

Lesson learned: You never know who is watching you.  Your "walk" should ALWAYS match up with your "talk"!  Since God has given me the message of JOY, I must strive to always be JOYful in all situations!  Even in the long line at Wal-Mart!

No comments:

Post a Comment