Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Personalizing "The Lord's Prayer" Leads to JOY

In Matthew 6: 9-13 we find "The Lord's Prayer".  In this model prayer Jesus is teaching us that prayer is about relationship.  "By calling God, 'OUR FATHER,' we are personalizing our connection with God, as our own personal Father.  Jesus could have said, 'MY FATHER,' but He did not.  He was teaching us, and including us in this divine relationship." (from We Who Worship by Cheryl Salem)

How many times have we simply said this prayer with little or no thought?  We've memorized it and recite the words "by heart"......but do we really mean these words IN OUR HEART?  Remember, prayer is about what?????  RELATIONSHIP!  And God wants that personal relationship with each of us to be a two way street between HIM and us. 

So let's pray that prayer, in our own words, from our own heart, with our own special love/relationship with  our Lord:

"Oh, precious Heavenly Father, most hallowed is your name above all names! Oh, that Your Kingdom would come and YOUR will be done today and every day in my life...just as you would have it be in heaven.  Father, give me your daily portion of what I need....physical and spiritual bread to sustain me and help me through today.  And, Father, You and I both know that I have stumbled and fallen.  Please forgive me and help me to remember that I am, also, to forgive those who have sinned against me.  And keep me on the straight and narrow path so that I will not yield to the temptations of this world.  Cover me, protect me and deliver me from my evil enemy, Satan! Oh, Father, I love you and I proclaim your kingdom and your power and your glory FOREVER!!!!!!!!  AMEN"

Keep in mind that Jesus wanted us to use his "model prayer" as we are learning how to pray.  We are not being disrespectful or blasphemous in making the prayer one of personal supplication.  God wants us to come to Him OFTEN in prayer....opening our hearts to Him and pouring out our love of Him, to Him!  And that's when the JOY JUICE begins to flow and overflow in our hearts and lives!

PRAY WITH JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment