Total Pageviews

Friday, September 1, 2017

Your Portion of Joy and Strength



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Every day is the day for joy…but on those overwhelming days especially…we need a great big serving as we take refuge in God.

            Each time I read the book of Psalms, I always see something new! Today Psalm 73:26  holds a special portion of joy: 

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
 
Neil Strait said: “Take from a man his wealth, and you hinder him; take from him his purpose, and you slow him down. But take from man his hope, and you stop him. He can go on without wealth, and even without purpose, for a while. But he will not go on without hope.”  

In our own strength, many times we are tempted to lose hope.  We get discouraged and overwhelmed.  But the awesome truth is that we ALWAYS can find refuge in God.  There is nothing that is too difficult for Him. 

Do you think that’s what the Psalmist was trying to say to us in the precious scripture that we just? “My flesh and my heart fail”…..we get tired, weary and start doubting ourselves and our faith. “BUT GOD…..”!  Those are two powerful words!  The remainder of that verse gives us hope and joy in the Lord. “…BUT GOD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY HEART AND MY PORTION FOREVER!”  

Take refuge in God and draw strength & joy from Him as you accept your personal portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment