Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 14, 2017

God Delights in You!



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  You can never drown in the joy juice of Jesus! It’s always just the right portion…..test it; try it; and God will prove it!

            Psalm 18:16-19 is an encouraging passage to read and meditate upon when you feel as if you are being swallowed up and washed away by the storms of life.  When the sadness pours over you like the raging waves of the sea….when anxiety has you in its angry grasp…when you feel as if you are emotionally about to drown---KNOW that God is there.  Listen to these reassuring words:

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.

            Did you hear those last four words?  HE DELIGHTED IN ME!  That’s why He rescues His children.  He loves us and delights in us.  The only way I can half-way understand that kind of love is to think of how parents and grandparents love their children and grandchildren. We “delight” in them.  Now…multiply that love by infinity.  OR maybe I should say, by ETERNITY! And that’s how much God loves us! 

            Lift your outstretched arms toward God.  He will rescue you… because he delights in you! 
               

No comments:

Post a Comment