Total Pageviews

Friday, September 15, 2017

See Him Clearly and Joyfully




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Our faith should fill us with joy and make our heart glad.

            The beautiful words of the Psalms truly can put a song of joy in your heart.  I’ve been journaling through the Psalms lately and I encourage you to try it.  Take your time reading each psalm and ponder what it means to you personally. Then write down your thoughts so that you can come back later and be reminded of what God whispered to your heart. 

            Several weeks ago I read Psalm 19. All the verses are meaningful, yet that particular day I underlined verses 7 & 8. 

 The law of the Lord is perfect,
    refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
    making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
    giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
    giving light to the eyes.

In my journal I wrote: 

                As I read this psalm and gaze out my window this morning at God’s creation, my view is covered with thick fog. Though the mist keeps me from seeing clearly in the distance, I still hear the songbirds singing joyfully and I can easily recall the beauty of the trees and plants, though they are hidden from my view at this moment.  
                How symbolic of our relationship with Christ.  At times we can’t see Him clearly---it’s like we are in a fog.   But if we listen carefully, we will hear His songs of joy and we will remember His faithfulness.  

               We can trust beyond what we can “see” because of the hope and joy we have in Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment