Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Shield of Joy



            Have you had your Joy Juice today? Use your “shield of joy” to combat the negative influences in your life.

            Studying the Psalms and really meditating on the words helps us to soak in Godly wisdom. Treasure can be discovered in the words of the Psalmist. For example, let’s look at the word: SHIELD!  

·         Psalm 28:7  “The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;”

·         Psalm 33:20 “Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.”

·         Psalm 84:11   “For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.”

Why did the psalmist choose to use the word “shield”? It’s used in other books of the Bible, too, but repeatedly in the book of Psalms. The word SHIELD is used to describe God and the protection He offers. 

            One dictionary gives this definition for “Shield”: one that protects or defends. Doesn’t that describe our God? PERFECTLY! He protects us; defends us from evil. He is our defense.

                May the words of Psalm 3:3 be our prayer today:  But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.”






No comments:

Post a Comment