Have you had your Joy Juice today? It’s uncommonly good!
We’re talking this week about how to have “uncommon” joy in the Lord. And a major piece of the puzzle is our personal relationship with Christ. Are we willing to give Him 100 % commitment in every area of our lives? That’s not to say that we will never make mistakes. On the contrary! We are human and we will always fall short. However, we serve a perfect God and in His strength He can show us how to be “uncommon” in this common world of compromise, disloyalty and strife.
Each of us (at one time or another) faces valleys of rejection and betrayal. It is in these low spots that it’s easy to try to do what is “common” and retaliate in anger and revenge. But an uncommon Christian can choose to face the situation by using wisdom gleaned from the Word of God. Author Susie Larson gives these words of wisdom for when we find ourselves in a difficult situation of betrayal and hurt:
- “Regularly remind yourself of who you are and whose you are in Christ.
- Pray for your accusers and ask God to bless them.
- Forgive your accusers.
- Thank God for everything good in your life.
- Pray for someone who has it tougher than you do.
- Get some exercise.
- Get proper rest and then wake up tomorrow morning and begin the process again.”
Though it’s not easy in our own strength to be “uncommon” for Christ, He can strengthen us with His power and joy.
“Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10