Total Pageviews

Monday, August 23, 2010

Two JOYful Cinderellas

My heart is bursting with JOY this morning!  God continues to pour out His JOY JUICE into my life!  Many times I feel so unworthy of His love and continued blessing.....and I DO know that I have done NOTHING to earn His love.  It's freely ours.....just for the taking!  AND I'm taking!!!!!  This weekend was another example of feeling "lavished in His love"!  "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!"

Our first stop Saturday morning was in Macon at the home of  "Cindawella".  Our "Princess Naomi" thoroughly enJOYed her 3rd birthday!  WE ALL DID!  There were princessess and princes running everywhere!  And the castle cake was BEAUTIFUL and DEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!!!  Mommy (and Daddy) did a great job with every little detail to make sure that Naomi had a special day!  And she did!  I'll post some pictures soon on my facebook page!

After that grand celebration, Papa Pat and I were off to Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, GA.  We had been invited to come as guests of my doctor in Macon...requesting that I come and speak to a group of doctors (and their spouses/families) at a banquet he was hosting at the Ritz!  YES!!!  THE RITZ CARLTON!!!!   Now, I FELT LIKE CINDERELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was excited---yet apprehensive, joyful---yet nervous about sharing with the group of highly educated professionals.  They were attending a weekend symposium related to the treatment of heart problems.  The only reason I was invited is because I am a "success story"!  Dr. Sogade did a procedure on my heart several years ago and I AM DOING GREAT!!!!!!!  I was given the opportunity to give my testimony and share my faith about how God used this doctor in my life to correct a problem with my heart.  Now, I have "pep in my step" and BUSY sharing the JOY of the Lord!!!! Woohooo!!!

My experiences at both these events brought JOY to my heart! How different each of these "venues" were! At the birthday party,  I knew everyone there!  They loved GiGi and accepted me for just being me!  What a PLEASURE being with my family.  At the second event, I knew NO ONE except Pat and Dr. Sogade!  I wasn't sure they would accept me, because in many ways I am different from them. But.......an amazing thing happened!  (Friends & family were praying and I sensed God's peace and JOY in an indescribable manner!) The doctors and medical professionals were so open and receptive........and accepting of this ole country gal!  Afterwards many, many of them came and talked with me, filling me with words of encouragement and thanking me for my time of sharing my "heart" with them. What a blessing!  And now I have "new friends"!  You know I love that!

All of this lengthy post is just to say: WHERE GOD IS, YOU WILL FIND PEACE AND JOY!!!!!  God was with a little 3 year old "Cindawella" and a much older "Cinderalla" this weekend!  And we BOTH experienced much JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment