Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Joy Juice on my BIRTHDAY!!!!

JOY---that's what I'm experiencing on my birthday!  JOY from the simple things.....that birthday kiss and card I got from my sweet hubby before he left for work this morning; the treasured opportunity to spend a little time with my mom this morning as I accompanied her to a doctor's appt; the precious Dora the Explorer birthday card I received in the mail from those adorable grandchildren; the many birthday wishes I read on my Facebook page; the beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung to me over the telephone by my favorite daughter......and on and on and on!
My heart overflows with JOY because God has richly blessed me with the important things in life.  Family, friends and a relationship with Him!  Since Wednesdays are when I usually post a JOY JUICE devotional, I hope you enjoy this one relating to birthdays!!!!  My birthday wish for YOU today...is MUCH JOY IN THE LORD!

Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It's the perfect drink to serve at your next party!
All of us have experienced the excitement of a young child's birthday party.  It makes me smile just to think of all the giggling and laughter and shrieks of pure delight! They love the balloons, cake and ice cream---and can hardly wait to tear into the beautifully wrapped presents! 




Let's compare that excitement to our relationship with the Lord.  Shouldn't we be celebrating each new day praising Him for His goodness and mercy and grace?  So often we take for granted His many gifts that He freely and lovingly lavishes on us.  He invites us to a party of sorts.

Each new day is an unopened gift.  Let's ask Him to help us untie the ribbons and experience abundant joy today as we allow Him to walk with us every step of the way.   "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17  So enJOY the gift of today...and don't forget to serve lots of JOY JUICE as you invite others to your party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment