Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today I'm Spelling JOY: P-A-T

Patrick Mitchell Ashley....the love of my life!  When I first met him, he was a Cub Scout in my brother's Den.  He didn't know I existed! I was merely his friend's little sister! But he grew up and so did I---and in high school we became sweethearts.  On August 26, 1972 we became husband and wife!  That was 38 years ago TODAY! I wish I had time and space to recall all the JOYful times we've shared through the years, but let it suffice to say that I have never regretted our decision to "become one".  Many sweet memories we share---some that make us laugh out loud when we recall them; others that bring tears to our eyes.  You see, every day has not been a "happy" day, because life brings with it difficulties, struggles and trials.  Yet, God has been faithful and "His grace is sufficient" in all circumstances!
The two of us have "grown" into eleven!!!!  What a JOYful blessing!  And I really don't think we're finished "growing" yet!  We are finding that this stage of life is the GRANDEST because of those precious GRANDchildren...and the opportunities that God continues to give us to share His JOY with others.  What more could we ask?
As I end this post, I do so with a grateful, JOYful heart! God blessed me with a Godly husband who I REALLY enJOY "doing life" with!  And just in case he's reading: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yep! birthday, too!)  to my favorite hubby of JOY!   

No comments:

Post a Comment