Total Pageviews

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fun, JOY-filled FRIDAY

Some days are so busy that we just don't have time to really catch our breath. Don't you agree?  And I LOVE to stay busy!  BUT today promises to be a little more relaxed and filled with a SPECIAL kind of JOY!   My sweet daughter, Alison, is home and we are just enJOYing "chillin" together.  We don't have anything on our agenda; we are in our comfy clothes...not worried about hair and makeup.....just taking the day as it comes and talking about what's on our hearts.  We will surely laugh a lot and maybe even shed a tear or two.  We feel free to be completely open and transparent with one another....that's the beauty of a special relationship. And that brings us both a special kind of JOY.
As I write my blog this morning, I cannot keep my thoughts from going to the truth that GOD wants us to have "special days" with Him.  It doesn't matter how we're dressed or if our hair is combed......or even if we've brushed our teeth!  He just longs for us to "BE" with Him. I can promise you, if we will take the time to bask in His presence, opening our hearts to Him----sharing our most intimate thoughts and desires---we will experience a JOY "unspeakable", as Peter describes it!
Soooo, my prayer for each of you, my blog friends, is that you will have a fun, JOY-filled weekend as you spend time with your Special Friend, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment