Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bits of "JOY" from SHE SPEAKS

Yesterday I promised that I'd share more JOYful morsels that I savored at the SHE SPEAKS Conference.  Let me explain briefly what SHE SPEAKS is all about.  It's a conference held in Concord, NC which is put on by "Proverbs 31 Ministries" in which 600 women (608 this year) of the same heart and desire----Christian speakers, writers and women's ministry leaders---receive teaching, inspiration and networking experiences.  It was a JOYfully blessed weekend.  There is much worship and prayer that takes place before, during and after each of these conferences!!!
Lysa TerKeurst is President of "Proverbs 31".  She delivered several OUTSTANDING messages, challenging us to be all that God intended us to be.  In her first talk, she reminded us that our REACTIONS determine our REACH!  In other words, if we react in an "ungodly" fashion...with unkind words, anger, gossip, etc.....then we will NOT reach people for Christ.  Instead of responding quickly, we should pause so the Holy Spirit will have time to speak to our heart.  In 2 Chronicles 20, King Jehoshaphat "resolved to inquire of the Lord."  We, too, should ALWAYS "resolve" to inquire of the Lord before we speak, before we act, and....especially, before we REact!!!! With God's help, let's resolve to react with the JOY of the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you are doing just fine with your blog! It looks great. You are just so, so PHOTOGENIC, something I have never been! I look forward to reading every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO proud of you!!!! I heard through the grapevine that Bill Gates was so impressed with your technology skills that he was planning to offer you a job at Microsoft. You'll really be able to share some JOY!!!

    Love you with bunches of JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly speaking to me today! I need to be reminded to pause and "inquire of the Lord" before I react! Thank you for letting Him speak through yourself.

    ReplyDelete