Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A JOYful love!

Do you remember when you first fell in love?  I'm not talking about "puppy love"....I''m talking about REAL LOVE...the kind that you feel all the way down to your toes?!  You can't stop thinking about him, you dream about him, you LIVE to be with him!!!!!   Next week Pat and I will celebrate 38 years of marriage, and I still remember that "first love" bubbling up in my heart.  (More about that another day!)
I, also, remember the "first love" exhilaration of falling in love with Jesus!  Though I'd been brought up in the church and accepted him as my Savior at 8 years of age, I don't think I truly understood what it meant to make Him LORD of my life until several years later.  It was in my young adult years that I truly fell "in love with Jesus" on a personal level!  
In Revelation 2:4 the scripture speaks of abandoning/forsaking your first love.  Today, let's examine our hearts and determine if our love for HIM is still just as exciting and passionate as it was when we first met Christ. Have we let other things like relationships, jobs, careers, worldly success, and activities keep us from REALLY spending time with Him?  If you love someone, you WANT to spend time with him, right?  Sooooo, how much time have you spent with Jesus today???  Maybe we need to fall in love with Him all over again!  Let's not forsake our first love.....He certainly has not forsaken us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment