Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reflections from SHE SPEAKS

I am still trying to process the MANY things God showed me this past weekend through gifted speakers, excellent break-out sessions, new friends with the same heart and passion for spreading the JOYful news, and the quiet time I spent alone with HIM in the prayer room. Over the next few days I will try to put some of those "revelations" and "reminders" in my blog.....sharing with you, my reader, as well as documenting for myself!  I am a "grannie" you know (GiGi is my name!) and sometimes I DO have senior moments!!!!
       Karen Ehman gave a dynamic message on Sunday morning that just keeps resonating in my heart and thoughts!  "Since WHEN did I sign up to be an AVERAGE Christian!?"  In her unique, humble yet inspiring way, Karen challenged us/ME to go beyond what most Christians think is "enough".  MORE OF CHRIST....not necessarily more events, activities, acts of service....MORE OF CHRIST!  Through her message I was challenged to spend more time with HIM, to memorize more scripture so that I will have His Word hidden in my heart, to bask in His presence and listen to Him rather being "Chatty Cathy" (which is my nature! :) ) 
         How beautifully this truth fits in with Lysa Terkeurst's Bible Study that I have just completed with the gals at my church: "Becoming MORE Than A Good Bible Study Girl".  God just wants MORE of US....Gotta go!  I hear my Father whispering....and I don't want to miss out on anything HE wants to say!

3 comments:

  1. Just read your blog!!! Your message is well taken. I really need to work on this. Praying for you as you share the "JOY" of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen's "average Christian" question did me in too. We'll be processing for months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what I need!! GOD is good!! I will keep drinking my JOY JUICE in GOD's word with you...my JOYce!! Keep on keeping on for GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete