Total Pageviews

Friday, August 27, 2010

Tribute of JOY: My friend, Betty Shrouder

My friend, Betty, has battled cancer for over three years.  Yet each time I've had the pleasure of visiting with her since her diagnosis, I have been filled with a sweet indescribable JOY!  Though she would answer questions about her health, Betty would always turn our thoughts to something that would bring joy to the conversation.  No matter how sick she was, she had a smile tucked away to pull out at just the right moment.
Betty went home to be with the Lord yesterday. And though we will miss her greatly, we know that Heaven is where she would rather be.  No more sickness!  No more pain!  Continually praising the Lord and His awesome goodness!!!  Betty would say that she is the one who is blessed.   I know in my heart that she is praising Him...I KNOW because she never stopped praising Him on earth!
On Wednesday morning as soon as I awakened, I felt a prompting in my heart (I'm sure it was the Holy Spirit) to visit Betty.  I had heard that she was out of ICU.  She was in a regular room at the hospital and could have visitors.  WHAT A GIFT I received that afternoon!  We shared memories, laughter, hugs & kisses and.....most especially, a time of prayer together.  The whole time I was praying, Betty was whispering, "Lord, help me to continue to praise you in all things."  She said that over and over and over!  What an example to this ole friend and to her family as they were gathered near her bedside.
So this morning, as I write this post, I, too, choose to PRAISE GOD for all the JOY He has poured out into so many live through this precious lady, Betty Shrouder.  Father, may her life remain an example to each us to "continue to praise you in ALL things"!  That's the key to having the JOY OF THE LORD in your heart--- regardless of your circumstances!

4 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful as was Ms. Betty! Thank you, JOYce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how she will be missed! She always tried to take care of us at school and when I was sick, as well! Thanks, Joyce for remembering our sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words...I know Mrs. Shrouder and my DeMarris are praising the Lord together!!! Mrs. Shrouder and Mr.Shrouder taught DeMarris!! She loved them and they loved her!!! Heaven gets more beautiful each day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Sounds like she was a lovely person. Happy BELATED Anniversary...and birthday to Pat. I am also blessed to have married the most wonderful man and there is never a doubt in my mind that he was truly my gift from God. Love ya, Joyce...hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete