Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drowning in JOY

Do you ever feel so overwhelmed with God's goodness that you just don't know how to express your gratitude?  Seems that lately I have just had an abundance of blessings and I know that I've done nothing to deserve them!  I told someone that I've had so much JOY JUICE poured out into my life that I feel as if I'm "drowning in JOY"....and I guess that's a good thing if---when I "drown", I die to SELF! 

It's human nature to be selfish and focus on what WE want.  But that's not what Jesus did!  He put ALL of us before himself....every last sinner!  He gave His life for us.  What sacrificial love!  Philippians 2:4-5 reminds us:
"Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."

The attitude of Christ....that's an attitude of humility, a servant's heart, generosity, sacrifice.....and, of course, JOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment