Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Spread Your Wings and Fly....with JOY!


            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Spread your wings and fly with joy!

            I’ve shared with you about my little summer visitor….the beautiful red bird that I’ve named Ruby. I see her continually flying past my windows---and often hear her bumping into them.

            Ruby and I share a lot in common. And I’m pretty sure that God sent Ruby to me so that He could remind me of our similarities… 


  •  First of all….Ruby Redbird and I share the same Creator.  God made the birds and every living thing.  He “knit me together in my mother’s womb”….and He reminds me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (SO ARE YOU)!

  •  Secondly, my little Ruby does some dumb things, like repeatedly crashing into my windows.  It goes without saying that I have made more than my fair share of dumb mistakes…..  HOWEVER, God still loves Ruby and He still loves me!

  •  Another way we are alike is that sometimes we think we know the right way to go…only to find out that we are flying right into a barrier that stops us in our tracks! But it’s put there for our protection.  Ruby will never realize that the windows of my house keep her in her natural habitat…where God intended for her to live and flourish.  When you and I hit barriers, we must be open to the reality that God may be trying to protect us and direct us to where we can florish.  As Proverbs 3:5 says, we must “Trust in the LORD with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding.”


 Spread your wings and fly like Ruby…..unafraid and joy-filled!



No comments:

Post a Comment