Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Unexpected Gifts of JOY

Do you go through your day EXPECTING joy?  Or are you so focused on the "busyness" of your schedule that you forget that God is looking for ways to surprise you with His gifts of JOY?

Just today....a common, ordinary day....I have received several "gifts" from the Father!  And if you think about it, you probably have, too!  Here are just a few of my "personal gifts" that I've opened this morning:
  • A gorgeous Fall day, complete with sunshine and cooler temperatures
  • A phone call from a friend with expressions of love and encouragement
  • An unsolicited comment regarding my JOY JUICE radio broadcast from someone I've never met before!
  • Scripture which "spoke" a personal affirmation regarding one of my heart-felt prayers.
I could go on, but I think you see the point.  Things that we many times take for granted are really GIFTS of JOY from the Father.  Do we thank Him for those gifts?  We certainly should!  I think the key to JOY is having a grateful heart, don't you?  So begin looking for your personalized gifts right now!  You may be surprised at how often God slips a beautifully wrapped package your way!  Don't forget to JOYfully say: "Thank you, Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment