Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

Friends Bring Such JOY

If it's one thing that I believe I'm "rich" in....it's GOOD FRIENDS!!!  I realize that is SUCH a blessing!  God has placed in my life just that right balance of friends who encourage me and love me....and those who keep me accountable.

Often my friends do something unexpected that pours JOY into my heart!  Like this morning....first thing, I got a text from one of my technologically savvy friends that told me to check out our church website!  She'd put a page on the site (for me) allllll about our upcoming "EnJOY the Journey: PRINCESS OF JOY" Conference coming up in March!  Now, WHAT A BLESSING that was to me.  Because, you see, I'm "challenged" in that area!  What she did with seeming "ease", would have been quite "painful" and maybe even impossible for me! :)

Isn't it neat that God partners us with people who lift us up?  He knows just what we need, when we need it and WHO can be His delivery agent.  That just fills my heart with JOY!  I think I know what Paul was talking about in Philippians when he wrote, "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all of my prayers for all of you, I always pray with JOY because of your PARTNERSHIP IN THE GOSPEL......"

You see, my friend willingly, unselfishly, lovingly and graciously took the time to help because of her love for the Lord!  She "partnered" with me knowing where she could help the most....and she didn't wait until asked....Like Nike', she just DID IT!  Oh, what a JOYful blessing!!!!!

If you'd like to go onto our church website and see the "EnJOY the Journey" page, go to
www.ebcdouglas.com.  Click on the "EnJOY the Journey" tab at the top of the page!

Oh, by the way.......Mark your calendars for March 18 & 19 for a JOYful weekend in the Lord!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing lady...and a constant encouragement to others!

    ReplyDelete