Total Pageviews

Monday, September 30, 2013

Joy Juice + Oliver = A JOYful New Friendship



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  There’s a serving waiting just for YOU…whether you are young like my seven-year-old friend, Oliver, or whether you are a grandma like me!  God’s JOY is for any age!

            I was dining with some friends at a local restaurant the other night and I was blessed to make a new friend.  It always brings me a special kind of joy to meet someone new…especially when I’m greeted with kindness and a smile.  Oliver and his family told me that they listen to JOY JUICE most every morning on the radio.  Imagine how that brought JOY to my heart!

            As I was thinking about my new little friend and the encouragement I received through his precious words and sweet hug, it occurred to me how God must feel when we desire a special relationship with Him.  Just as I was delighted to begin a new friendship with Oliver, God must be thrilled when we strive to draw closer to Him.  Especially when we give our lives to Christ and profess that we are sinners in need of a Saviour, I’m sure there is much rejoicing in heaven! As matter of fact, I know that’s true, because Luke 15:10 says so! “There is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

            Do you have a special relationship with God?  He loves you and wants you to spend eternity with Him! Allow Him to become your best friend! Then you will understand the indescribable JOY that is especially for you.

            Oliver and I want to encourage you to make a new friend today…and make sure that Jesus is your BEST FRIEND!

2 comments:

  1. Oliver is one of a kind!!! And he's my neighbor:) He blessed his family and they have blessed him....so glad they found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure seems to be a VERY special fellow! So glad God brought him into my life....and his parents, too! :) WHAT JOY!

    ReplyDelete