Total Pageviews

Monday, September 9, 2013

Decide NOW to Follow Jesus...and Find Immeasurable JOY!



                Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Let’s be determined to look for the joy in each new day!

            The song “I Have Decided to Follow Jesus,” is a beautiful old hymn.  Its words are simple and full of truth and love for the Lord.  Each of the first four verses are similar by repeating the expression of love and ending with “NO TURNING BACK”. The writer of the lyrics obviously was sold out to Jesus and determined to follow Him regardless. He wrote:
  1. I have decided to follow Jesus;

  2. Though I may wonder, I still will follow;

  3. The world behind me, the cross before me;
    .
  4. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
    And each verse ended with the determined promise… “No turning back”
The last stanza simply asks a question…”Will you decide now to follow Jesus?”

            The writer of the song didn’t stop at his own relationship with Christ!  He loved Jesus so much that he wanted to share His faith.  He was determined to spread the joy of the Lord with anyone who would listen.  Are you that determined?  It takes commitment and faith to share with others.  Don’t be ashamed and don’t be afraid.  Trust God to fill you with boldness to tell the “Good News of Great JOY!”

            Be determined to follow Jesus and share the joy of knowing Him personally!

No comments:

Post a Comment