Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Be JOYfully Determined to GO with GOD!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today? It takes determination to be consistent in our faith!

            I googled the word “DETERMINATION” and immediately 60 Bible verses came up on my computer screen!  Not all of them had the actual word “determination” in them, but the meaning of if was certainly evident.  Verses such as

·        Philippians 4:13 which says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

·        Hebrews 12: 1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,”

The one that really drew my attention as I looked over that long list of verses, is one that is dear to my heart because it was part of mine and Papa Pat’s wedding vows 41 years ago. It’s from the book of Ruth, verses 16 – 18 of the first chapter.

 “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God…. .” And when Naomi saw that she was determined to go with her, she said no more.

            What a beautiful, powerful example of determination! Ruth was determined to go with Naomi…wherever that path led.  Are we that determined to follow Jesus regardless of how rough or smooth the road may be?  Life is not always easy; but if we are determined to walk in His ways, we can count on His leadership, His guidance, His love and His joy.

         Let’s be determined to go with God wherever He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment