Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2013

Children Are A JOYful Reward



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today? The JOY of the LORD is for children of all ages…and that includes you and me!

            Why does it seem that children more readily experience JOY than adults?  True, grownups have more responsibility and we have been taught to act “mature” in our dealings with others.  But I think we often miss the beauty of having a child-like faith.  Let’s observe the children in our lives for tips on how to love and believe, unconditionally.

            First of all, thank God for any children you have in your life.  WHAT A BLESSING!  Psalm 127:3 says, “Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.”  Do you demonstrate thankfulness to God for those precious children He has given you to influence and mold?  Sure, they are a handful sometimes…a great responsibility! But Jesus instructs us in Matthew 18:10: "See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.”

            We find so many verses and passages of scripture that tell us about how important children are to God.  Mark 9:36-37 touches my heart in a special way, because I can just see Jesus doing this as an example for us all.
He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them,  "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

            Truly, Jesus loves children.  And no matter what our age, we qualify as His child! That truth alone should be a great big SWEET serving of genuine JOY JUICE!

           

No comments:

Post a Comment