Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Cord of JOY



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Are you determined to be joyful?

            As I was preparing to write this devotional on determination, I came across a post by Lysa Terkeurst of Proverbs 31 Ministries that is truly a great illustration.  In her devotional message she was talking about “Messy Marriages” and how to be determined to make the marriage work. She included this prayer at the end that I think may be a good prayer for many people….especially those who are going through a rough patch in their marriage.   The prayer was this:
“Jesus, I’m sticking with You. I’m giving You what I don’t understand and what I can’t fix. I’m giving You what I don’t like about me. I’m giving You what I don’t like about my him.  And I’m giving You what I don’t like about my marriage. I’m listening for Your instruction. I’m positioning myself to go where I’ll hear Your truth. To talk to others who love You and serve You. And to read wise instruction from the Bible.  Amen.”
            Though Lysa never used the word “determination”, that prayer sure indicates that she is determined…with God’s help…to make her marriage work.  Husbands and wives will agree that marriage can sometimes be a challenge.  Even Christians have difficulties and hard times.  But if we will remember that a good marriage “takes three”, a girl, a guy and GOD, then we will have a fresh perspective on things.
               Let’s be reminded of the truth found in Ecclesiastes 4:12A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”  (That sounds like a beautiful cord of JOY!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment