Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The JOY of Working Together

"I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all of my prayers for all of you, I always pray with JOY because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now....". (Philippians 1:3 - 4)

I'm beginning to understand a little bit about what Paul was referring to in his letter to the Philippians.
Last night I met with a group of prayer warriors and JOYful volunteers that are helping with the upcoming EnJOY the Journey Conference, March 18 & 19. They are my "partners in the gospel" and I am so very thankful for each of them!  Before the meeting I found myself a little overwhelmed with all that still has to be done....details that must be accomplished if the weekend is to work smoothly...many things that we take for granted until they are not done!  I was working myself into a "stew" (and it wasn't JOY stew, mind you!) until the Lord sent His peace and reassurance through these precious sisters in Christ!

During our two hour "meeting", we laughed, talked, discussed, recalled last year's conference, etc., etc. But the most important and rewarding thing we did was to begin our time praying together---asking for God's JOYful blessings in every detail..we prayed specifically for those details.  As we "turned our eyes upon Jesus"...just as the song says, everything else seemed to "grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace".  No longer was I overwhelmed but was washed in a sweet, calm reassurance that GOD has every detail under control.  I believe that He wants us to continue to pray...and then trust Him to carry it out.

Today I'd like to share some of the prayer requests with YOU and ask you to "partner" with us in prayer regarding this year's conference.  Will you commit to praying for these specific requests?   PRAY
·        For God’s will to be done in every detail
·        For safety in travel for all who attend
·        For hearts to be touched and changed for Him
·        For Cheri Keaggy as she prepares, travels and performs/speaks
·        For Karen Ehman as she prepares her message, travels and speaks
·        For Joyce as she prepares her message and takes care of last minute details…a sweet JOYful peace and physical/spiritual stamina
·        For each member of the team as we pull it all together
·        For every hostess to serve the Lord with GLADNESS!
·        For the sound equipment, lighting, powerpoint, etc.
·        For the men who will be helping with parking and security
·        For health and no injuries during the weekend
·        For a SWEET, JOYFUL spirit in the hearts of the women
·        For financial blessing…that all of our expenses will be covered.

Okay that's just for starters!  If we will all pour out our hearts before the Lord, there is NO TELLING WHAT HE will accomplish that weekend!  Oh, what JOY floods my soul just thinking about what God may be "up to"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment