Total Pageviews

Monday, April 3, 2017

Precious Promises of JOY!




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  God promises a special kind of joy.

            When I was a little girl, my grandmother had a small loaf-of-bread-shaped container filled with scripture cards always sitting on her kitchen table.  On the outside of the plastic ‘bread” were the words “PRECIOUS PROMISES”.  That memory is so vivid to me because my grandmother shared with me the Word of God by encouraging me often to select a card from the container. She called it the Bread of Life, explaining what each verse meant as we read it aloud.

            What a legacy she left our entire family! A genuine legacy of joy. And as I grow older and am a grandmother myself, I see the impact of Godly upbringing…but even more so, the importance and power of claiming the Promises of God! There is no more effective weapon in our spiritual arsenal than to call upon God by going to the scriptures and praying His Word, His precious promises! As Ephesians 3:12 says:

“Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldy and confidently into God’s presence.” 

                Do we “come boldly” into God’s Presence?  Often, we come timidly, not confidently.  We may be doubtful that He wants to hear from us.  Things we’ve done in the past seem to overtake our reason…and we think we are not worthy to call upon the Lord!  THAT MY FRIEND is exactly what our enemy wants us to think.  That is how he steals our joy! 

                It’s not because of our worth but because of CHRIST that we can boldly claim His precious promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment