Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dress Your Heart with the Joy of Easter



            Have you had your Easter Joy Juice today?

            One of the highlights of Easter for me as a little girl was getting a brand new Easter dress.  I trusted my mom completely to choose just the right dress…and many times it was hand-made by her own loving, gifted hands.  When the dress was complete, and if there was enough money in the budget, we would go shopping & pick out just the right pair of shoes…and sometimes even a hat and a pair of white gloves.  I could hardly wait til Easter Sunday arrived so that I could wear my new outfit!

            Though new clothes and Easter bonnets symbolize the new life offered through the death and resurrection of Jesus, I’m afraid that many of us often miss that important truth. As a young girl, I was certainly more caught up in the excitement of the new clothes and Easter baskets than I was that truth that Jesus died for me and rose from the grave! 

            This Easter, let’s realize that we can celebrate, regardless of whether we have new clothes or not.  We can worship our risen Savior anytime, wearing anything! We just need to be sure that we are “Dressed ready for service” as Jesus instructed in Luke 12:35.  Then our hearts will continually be filled with JOY…at Easter, as well as every other day of the year.

As Easter approaches may we “dress our hearts” with gratitude, humility and service so that we might enjoy the genuine joy of Easter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment