Have you had your Joy Juice today? If so, you are being OBEDIENT to God…and that’s a joyfully good thing!
Omnipresent. Omnipotent. Omniscient. That’s our God! He takes the “Ordinary” and makes it into something extraordinary. Another important “O” word is the word “OBEDIENT”. God doesn’t force us to obey. Hopefully, we choose to be obedient because of our love for Him! God wants us to obey His commands because He knows it’s for our good! He tells us this repeatedly in scripture. One example is in Deut. 12:28:
“Be careful to obey all my commands, so that all will go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and pleasing to the LORD your God.”
God was speaking to the Israelites in this particular passage, but His word is true for us today, as well. My Life Application Study Bible says that if we are totally sold out to God, we will want to obey Him with:
- Our HEART…by loving Him more than any relationship, activity, achievement or possession.
- With our WILL…by committing ourselves completely to Him.
- We will want to obey with our MIND…by seeking to know Him and His Word.
- And with our BODY…by recognizing that our strengths and talents are given to us by God
- We will obey with our FINANCES…knowing that all of the resources ultimately come from God
- And with our FUTURE…by deciding to make service to God and His purpose our JOYful goal.
(Taken from chart on page 293 of Life Application Study Bible…NIV)
Let’s strive to be obedient to God as we share His joy with others!