Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Put JOY Top of Your Priority List



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today? Hope it was on the top of your list of things to do this morning!    

            I’m a list maker!  Are you?  I like to make a list and check it off!  It makes me feel as if I’ve accomplished something when I see all the things marked off the list.  Do ever do that?  Maybe we need to make lists for another reason: to help us prioritize what is truly important.

            Here’s something to think about: Can you sense that your priorities are out of order?  If GOD is not first, then all the rest will keep us running without a purpose.  When we allow God to be in charge of our schedules and He is at the top of our list, then we experience a spiritual peace and rest which leads to a special kind of joy.

            Remember the words of the 23rd Psalm? “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.  He leadeth me beside the still waters.”  

Doesn’t that scripture give you a vision of peace and rest….to lie down in green pastures and to stroll beside the quiet, still waters?  That’s where God wants to meet us each day.  Let’s put at the top of our “to do” list: SPEND TIME WITH GOD.  If we are intentional about this, we will see a definite shift in our priorities. 

            Take the time to “lie down in those green pastures” and experience God’s rest as you stroll along the path of joy with Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment