Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Overload of JOY?





            Have you had your JOY JUICE today? You can never overload on the joy of the Lord!
           
            Writer Hariette Petersen gives this personal example…she says: 

“I once broke a washing machine by adding a few pairs of jeans into my load of towels.  I wanted to save time.  I wanted to conserve water, laundry soap, and electricity.  However, sometimes I spin my wheels with all my efforts.  I end up just like my washtub, stuck in the spin cycle.   
Overloading machinery is very similar to overloading our lives.  When we overload our lives with work & constant activity, we often fail to leave space for deeper (spiritual) cleansing…..  We may try to take shortcuts to squeeze in a few more minutes but the shortcuts simply cut into quality and effectiveness.  I crammed another pair of jeans into the tub, but it didn’t get the clothes clean; it didn’t take less time.  It took more time and even cost me money for repairs.” 

            Can you identify with this woman? Do you find yourself overloading your day with too much “busyness”?  Some things are necessary, but much of what we choose to do, could wait or is completely unnecessary.

 Psalm 16:9 is a good reminder: “Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure.”

            When David penned these words, his heart was obviously glad! Why? He had found the secret to joy…resting in relationship with God.

Let’s not overload our lives with things that truly “don’t count”.  Instead, may we be filled with joy as we rest in Him.

           


No comments:

Post a Comment