Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Plug In to the Source of Joy



           Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It will help get you ready for the ministry God has prepared for you.

            Each of us who are Christians has been called to ministry.  Now, that doesn’t mean that all of us will be preachers, teachers, or on staff at a church somewhere.  We’re not all gifted with the same skills and passions.  But we ARE all called to minister to others in our own unique way.  We just have to be “plugged in” and listening to God as He leads us.

            A while ago, I plugged in my iron and gave it a few minutes to heat up.  When I thought it was hot, I began to press my husband’s shirt.  It was soon evident that my efforts weren’t making any difference in the appearance of that shirt! So I tested the iron…it was stone cold!  I glanced to make sure it was plugged in….yes!  I began to fret and stew about how I was going to get those wrinkles out of my clothes!  I was certain that my iron had DIED!

        After a few frustrated moments, I decided to examine the outlet once more…and I made an enlightening discovery!  The previous night we’d had company, and in a quick clean up job, I’d set my crock pot on the laundry room floor.  Instead of plugging in my iron that morning, I’d picked up the cord to my crock pot instead.  All I needed to do was to plug in the right cord, and my iron worked perfectly!!!!!

            How many times have I fretted and worried because I didn’t think God was “working like I thought he should”.  But He was there all along….just as powerful as ever!  I was the one who had not been plugged in to the right Power Source! 

            Plug in to God today so that you will be filled with JOY and can share your JOY JUICE with others who need to know about the true power source.

No comments:

Post a Comment