Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

All Day Long....Meditate on JOY!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  The joy of the Lord comes freely to those who meditate consistently on the Word of God.

            Is Godly meditation only for preachers and spiritual leaders?  No, of course not!  It’s for all of His children…all of us so that we might be able to grow in our relationship with Him. Listen to the words of Psalm 119:97-100:

 "Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.  Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me.  I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts."

            The writer of this Psalm was in love with God and His Word! He was passionate about mediating on God’s Word all day; he desired the wisdom and insight he would gain by soaking it in and learning all he could regarding God’s statutes and precepts.  Are we that passionate about reading the Bible? Or do we let most everything else take priority?  Do we wait until we can find the time or do we MAKE the time to read His Word?

            More often that not, I’m afraid that the majority of us rush through the day with all kinds of obligations, responsibilities and a flurry of activity only to get to the end of the day and realize we never spent time with God. What can we do about that?  Let’s ask Him to remind us how important it is to be saturated with His Word.  May we develop such a love for Him that our appetite is ravenous and we can’t get enough of the “Bread of Life”!  When our love for Him grows, our JOY in HIM will overflow. 

            Start now by opening The Book the brings indescribable joy in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment