Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

JESUS is THE ONLY WAY....to Genuine JOY!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  There is only one way to make sure you have a genuine recipe of the “real thing”.  It has to be squeezed from God’s Word!

            There are many ways to get from one point to another!  There are lots ways to decorate a house or paint a picture.  There are countless ways to dress and a variety of ways to a variety of things.   A few days ago, I posted on Facebook a picture of big pot of peanuts my husband had just pulled off the vines. I had captioned it “Peanut Boiling Time”.  I’ve always boiled peanuts on the stove in my “perfect peanut-boiling pot”…..  One of my friends commented on my post that I should try them in the crock pot; that’s a good way to cook them, too, he informed me.  Well, it had NEVER occurred to me that I could cook them any way other than how I had ALWAYS done it in the past.   Isn’t that indicative of many of us when faced with change or a “new” way to do things?

            We think that because we’ve always done it “this way”, that’s the ONLY WAY.  But if we are open for change, we might just learn a “better way”.  That’s true of most everything, but there is definitely one exception. If someone tries to tell us that there is a variety of ways to heaven, we need to stand firm in our belief that JESUS is the one and only way.  Christians are often accused of being narrow-minded.  BUT….we did not invent that claim.  This is not our claim; it is His. We are merely relating His message.  Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6, NASB)


            There may be many ways to do most things…..but JESUS is the only way to heaven! Rejoice if you know that truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment