Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let Go of Anger; Drink in the JOY



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Let go of any angry thought and drink in the peace and JOY of Jesus!

             Letting go of anger is not always a simple process.  At times it can be very complicated. Be persistent in your prayers, asking God for wisdom in knowing how to deal with your feelings.  “The JOY of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10)…..even when dealing with anger!

            One of the first steps that we must take is to admit our anger to God.  He knows…but He wants us to confess that before Him and seek His guidance in dealing with it!  When we put our thoughts and feelings into prayer and open our heart to God, He can help us come to grips with the challenge.  Instead of trying to justify our anger, we need to purpose in our heart to give up all rights to it! NO EXCUSES! Let’s tell God exactly how we feel. He is the One Who can truly take those negative emotions and transform them into something positive.

            James 1:19 encourages us to be “quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.” How often do we do just the opposite of that?!  We are slow to listen to the “other side of the story”; quick to tell others how WE feel and many times lash out with a quick temper!  And where does that lead?  To an “unJOYful” place called “Bitter City”!

           Bring your problems to God and allow Him to heal those places of your heart that have been damaged by pent up anger and bitterness.  He can restore relationships and bring JOY and healing in ways you can never imagine!

2 comments:

  1. I am too slow to anger and some see that as my being weak. However, I got angry with my brother many years ago and wrote him a mean letter. He committed suicide before I could say I was sorry. I have never forgotten that so I choose my words very carefully to my family and friends. Some say I have the patience of Job. However, now I have pent up some feelings and I am about to have a meltdown and I have been praying very, very, hard. The person said I said something that offended them and told me to never contact them again. I love this person dearly and I knew not breaking the silence was not the Christian thing to do, but I was abiding by her wishes. I went from Feb. 25 until Friday before last when God laid it on my heart to call her anyway and try to clear the air. (Even though I did not even know what I said that offended her) I apologized for anything I had ever done or said to offend or hurt her and told her I loved her. She got off the phone asap. Didn't accept my apology nor did she offer one for the horrible things she said to me in an email. She is still not speaking to me and claims to be a Christian. This person is my one and only sister and our parents are dead. Please keep this confidential as she would die if she thought the perfect couple image was tarnished.

    I don't know what I would do without your Joy Juice Ministies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart! You have obeyed the Holy Spirit's leading and have done what He wanted you to do! Let us join together in prayer that this person's heart will soften and she will realize that holding on to her anger will make her a bitter person. That is not God's will for us. I know that you desire reconciliation and healing. Both parties have to be willing. But don't give up! Jesus said in Matthew: “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” :)
    If you would like to email me privately, my email address is joyjoy01@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete