Total Pageviews

Friday, June 28, 2013

Hang Out with Humble, Joy-filled People!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  If you are drinking it faithfully, you’ll find yourself on the road to overcoming pride!

            We know that we all have a sin problem….and one of those sins is our pride!  We will not overcome this pride issue until we understand the sinfulness of pride.  Pastor Joe Thorn points out that many people tend to treat the sin of pride like a neighborhood dog. We know it can bite us, but for some reason we don’t think it will. The truth is, it will devour us. Until we understand the danger of this sin, and begin taking it seriously, we will never overcome it. (http://www.joethorn.net/2007/09/04/overcoming-our-pride/)

One suggestion to help us overcome the pride issue in our lives is to surround ourselves with humble, Christian men and women.  Instead of seeking the company of those who value material wealth, possessions, social status or power, we need to align ourselves with those who exhibit humility and godliness. Find people who look like Christ---who have the attitude of Jesus----which is humility.

As we read and study the Holy Bible, we find a variety of men and women who learned the hard way to be humble.  Some never learned…and pride was their downfall. But one of my favorite examples is Paul.  He came to understand his need for that “thorn in the flesh” that God sent to keep him humble. And he could proclaim, “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.”  1 Tim 1:15

While drinking our JOY JUICE today, let’s JOYfully thank God for the thorns which keep us humble!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for another great reminder; I am one who had to learn the hard way. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to humble myself before GOD in the hardest part of my life...GOD let me take the most hurtful thing in my life (GOD calling my child home) and change it to loving HIM more!! It took this to totally humble myself before HIM! To HIM I give the Praise and glory for letting me take the hurt and pain and become a more humble servant for HIM...my Savior!! I can't say it took the pain away...but I trusted HIM and HIS will!! To GOD...I give the Honor, Praise, and Glory!! As a born again CHRISTian...I stand firmly on HIS word. JOHN 3:16 GOD, thank YOU for loving me that much!! I Praise YOU...I will see my child again in Heaven!! I'm drinking my JOY JUICE!!

    ReplyDelete