Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

God's Gift of JOY


Have you had your Joy Juice today?  If you don’t have enough in your personal pantry, just ask for the gift of joy.

            On some days you may be reading this blog or listening to my radio broadcast and your life situation may be anything BUT JOYful.  You may think, “Joyce, that’s easy for you to talk about joy, but you don’t understand the complexity of my circumstances.”

            Well, you are so right! Many of you are hurting; many of you may be shedding tears even as I write this devotional.  While my heart aches for you, I truly do not understand your personal situation.  What I do know is that we serve a God who knows ALL and He cares for you.

            Though we may not always be happy, I’m determined that we can still have joy!   Jesus wants to give us the GIFT of JOY.  Look at the passage in John 15:11: “I want to give you my joy so that your joy may be complete.” Did you hear/see that?  He says that he wants to give us HIS JOY so that OUR JOY may be complete. 

            When you find yourself in the depths of despair and depression and you just can’t find any joy in your life, please know that you can go the Giver of JOY and ask for your special gift.  Ask the Lord to make that verse in John 15:11 come to life for you.  Your gift is beautifully wrapped and awaiting your opening. It’s the best gift you could ever receive…the gift of immeasurable, indescribable JOY.

            Tear into the package of God’s Word and find that gift of JOY that has your name on it! 

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Joy, Amen!
    I love reading your posts...your JOY overflows into your writing! Thanks for encouraging me today!
    Sweet blessings :)
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete