Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

Turn the Light on for JOY!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Turn the light on so that you can see it in your spiritual pantry!

            As I left my house early one morning a few weeks ago, the visibility outside was extremely poor.  Smoke from a nearby fire, mixed with fog at the dawn of a new day, made it almost impossible to see more than just a few feet in front of me.  I had to drive carefully and cautiously.  I turned on my lights and moved along at a snail’s pace.

            When I came home that afternoon, the fog had lifted and I could see clearly because the sun was shining brightly.  I didn’t have to guess what was ahead, because I could easily see the road in front of me, up close and in the distance.  

Darkness and Uncertainty
            There are going to be times along our life path that seem dark and uncertain.  We won’t be able to see what the future holds and we will find ourselves moving slowly and cautiously.  If we try to go it alone, it’s like trying to drive in the smog without any lights.  But if we’ll ask Jesus to go ahead of us, He will shine HIS light onto our path and show us the way.  “I am the Light of the World.” Jesus says in John 8:12 “Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Here I am, Jesus!
            When we first allow Jesus to take control, we may find ourselves having to slowly learn to trust His leading.  But, as we mature spiritually and give Him every area of our heart and life, the “SON” will shine brightly on our path. We’ll be moving ahead a lot more JOYfully because of our complete trust in Him.

           Let the light of Jesus shine brightly on your path and share His JOY with those who need His light.

No comments:

Post a Comment