Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Joyful Call....NOT!

I just received a phone call regarding a "service call" that is scheduled for tomorrow. One of our kitchen appliances is on the blink! The only problem with the phone call was that it was NOT a real person on the other end and I needed to ask a question!!! Do you know how "fuss-ter-ated" (as one of my little friends would say) that made me?   All I could do was listen and get agitated because of the vague information that was provided.  "Your service repairman will be there between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m."  Oh, now that REALLY helps me to know how to plan my day!  Needless to say, when Miss Computer Automation hung up, I was not feeling very joyful!

Aren't we glad that God's not a computer?  Boy, am I ever thankful that I don't have to wonder when He's going to show up!  And I can always talk to Him, no matter what time of the day or night.  The answers to all my questions can be found in His Word and I don't have to wait until He is scheduled for a "service call".

I'm feeling better already by focusing on the Father. Though the phone call wasn't the joyful highlight of my day, I am choosing to practice JOY as I talk to the One Who is always on call.  Every "call" from and with the Lord is filled with joy...if we have a relationship with Him.  So go ahead and punch in His number and place that call!  Dial: 1-800-CHOOSE JOY!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Joyce! I loved this. Girl, you are such a creative writer. You know just what to say, how to say, and in the most precise and succint way. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheri! I love you and always get a "lift" from your sweet comments! "Keep those cards and letters comin'!" :)

    ReplyDelete