Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

Joy, Joy, and More Joy

This morning I had a few errands to run, so I put on my blue jeans, colorful spring shirt, slipped on my comfy  shoes and out the door I flew! I was on a mission to take care of all the things on my "to do" list.  The quicker I could check them off the list, the better!  What I wasn't expecting was gifts of JOY everywhere I went!

At one of my stops, the receptionist said, "Oh, JoyJoy!  I was praying for you this morning!  I pray for you every morning, for God to bless you and lead you in your ministry."  My heart was overjoyed with gratitude, because it never occurred to me that she was praying for me!  THANK YOU, LORD!

On to the next stop.....someone I didn't even know called me by name and asked how our conference went.  Then she shared with me about an upcoming event in August and wanted me to share with my "church gals" that we are invited.  She joyfully shared her heart with me.  THANK YOU, GOD!

Then I ran through the bank drive-thru window (well, drove through it!) and was greeted with a friendly smile and helping hand.  As one teller was taking care of my "bank business", another leaned over to the speaker and asked, "How's your ministry going?  I think about you a lot!"  THANK YOU, GOD!  More words of encouragement!

It seemed that everywhere I went, I received encouragement, love and gifts of JOY.  Even on regular, routine days when we think we have nothing important planned, God still is at work and continues to bless.  Start looking for YOUR gifts of JOY along the way.  He's waiting for you with outstretched arms and open hands.  RECEIVE HIS JOY.....TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment