Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Giddy with JOY

GIDDY????   Can a 58-year-old woman be giddy?  YEP!  When she's about to see the love of her life for a few uninterrupted days after a loooooong tax season!! :)

For those of you who don't know, my husband is a CPA!  From the beginning of January until April 15th each year, there are lots of long days and hard work for my hubby and his firm. That means much lonely time without him at home.  So when April 15th rolls around each year, I'm giddy with excitement and JOY.  For the next few days we'll get "reacquainted" and take the time to "catch up" on all that we've not had time to discuss over the past several weeks.  I'm soooooooooooo excited...and extra thankful that I still feel this way after 38 years of marriage.  That's a blessing, isn't it?

And then I must pause..... I can't help but examine my heart and ask myself the question: Am I that excited and JOYfully giddy to meet with my Jesus every day?  He doesn't have one season of the year that's busier than any other.  HE'S ALWAYS BUSY!  But He ALWAYS has time for ME....and YOU!  Let's fall in love with Jesus again....and be so GIDDY for Him that we cannot wait to come into His presence every day.  You won't have to play "catch up" because He knows everything that has happened in your life, what's going on with you right now and the wonderful plans He has for you in the future. 

Let's look upon His face each morning as soon as we awaken and thank Him for the new day.  Then take His hand and JOYfully walk/skip/jog/run with Him.  That's the way to be giddy with JOY in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment