Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's YOUR Joyful Ministry?

Do you know that if you are Christian, you have a "ministry"?  God created each of us for a purpose and for a mission.  Your ministry is different from my ministry....but each is just as important as the other.

God has gifted some of YOU with beautiful singing voices and musical talent.  I was not in the right line for that gift when God was giving out talents and abilities.  Some are good teachers, some have the gift of hospitality, some are encouragers, while others minister by doing yard work or helping elderly relatives or loved ones. No matter what your gifts, talents and/or abilities, God intends for us to use them for "ministry".  By that I mean, sharing the love of the Lord with others through the unique way God ordained for each of us.

No matter WHERE God has you right now, that's exactly where He wants you to be doing your ministry.  I can remember a time that I was SOOOOO ready to "do something" for Christ!  I wanted to write a book; I wanted to speak before groups; I wanted to be "in ministry" for my Lord.  At that time, I was a young mother with three small children and a husband.  I didn't see clearly that MY FAMILY was my ministry! And what a ministry that is !  Oh, I'm so thankful now that I had those days with our children.  And in His perfect timing...now that I'm a "GiGi", God is giving me the desire of my heart to serve Him in other ways of ministry!  Writing, speaking and JoyJoy Ministries! 

We must each remember that each new day is a GIFT! And we should use every second of it to minister to others.  That's how we "rejoice always".  THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE. LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Being a Mama, Wife, Daughter, and Grandmother are a Blessed place to be in life!! Cherish the moments...this is truly a time to share GOD's love with your family and others!!!
    Life is short...Heaven is an Eternity!!
    I must be an encourager...JOYce, I encourage you to keep sharing the JOY of the Lord!!!
    Smile GOD loves you!!! GOD Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, you ARE an encouragement to me!!!!! That is one of your most special gifts!! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete